Choosing the right contractor is an important step when it comes time to replacing your heating or air conditioning system. The experts know the procedures that make sure you will be well taken care of long after your equipment is installed. When it’s time to pick out a contractor consider the following things:
- Before making your choice, check with the Better Business Bureau and affiliated state and community agencies for a company history of complaints and more importantly, resolutions to those complaints to make sure the company stands behind its work.
- Ask for references: Customers that have used a contractor before are always happy to share there positive and negative experiences.
- Check to make sure the contractor’s license is current and if they are a member of a local or national organization.
- Get a detailed written proposal: If you have questions, don’t be afraid to ask. Be wary of contractors that don’t want to give you a signed, written contract specifying your warranties.
- The Consequences of Choosing the Wrong Contractor:By selecting a quality heating, cooling, and appliance contractor you will avoid many of the common home improvement hazards including:
Frequent system breakdowns
Unsafe and/or inefficient operation
Shortened equipment life
High energy bills
Voiding of factory warranties
Theft, property damage or worse
Building Code Infractions and penalties