- Before making your choice, check with the Better Business Bureau and affiliated state and community agencies for a company history of complaints and more importantly, resolutions to those complaints to make sure the company stands behind its work.
- Ask for references: Customers that have used a contractor before are always happy to share there positive and negative experiences.
- Check to make sure the contractor’s license is current and if they are a member of a local or national organization.
- Get a detailed written proposal: If you have questions, don’t be afraid to ask. Be wary of contractors that don’t want to give you a signed, written contract specifying your warranties.
- The Consequences of Choosing the Wrong Contractor:By selecting a quality heating, cooling, and appliance contractor you will avoid many of the common home improvement hazards including:
Frequent system breakdowns
Unsafe and/or inefficient operation
Shortened equipment life
High energy bills
Voiding of factory warranties
Theft, property damage or worse
Building Code Infractions and penalties